IMPA monitors legislative and regulatory activity in Indiana and Washington, DC for issues that impact IMPA, our members and public power. Our government relations team works closely with local, state and federal elected officials, as well as state and federal regulatory agencies and other appointed officials, to communicate the potential impacts that proposed legislation and regulations may have on IMPA, IMPA's members, their customers and municipal utilities in general.
IMPA's government relations team advocates for IMPA and its members through:
- Year-round monitoring of state and federal legislative activity
- Legislative briefings/updates
- Coalition building with local, state and national organizations with similar ideologies
- Participation in and coordination of legislative events and seminars
- Building relationships and educating state and federal elected officials
IMPA produces periodic Legislative Updates to cover important news and happenings in the Indiana State Legislature. Click the links below to follow the latest news.
Week 1 - January 13, 2023
Week 2 - January 20, 2023
Week 3 - January 27, 2023
Session Wrap-Up - March 11, 2022